Wednesday, July 16, 2014

And back to Munich we go

My friend Shelly and I decided to be adventurous today. We took our own car and drove the winding paths and autobahn to Munich. Then we got tickets to the S-Bahn and headed downtown to the city. The architecture there never fails to astound me. There is attention to detail in every building. 
At lunch I took the waitress's recommendation to try a local Bavarian dish. Quite to my dismay it was lieberkassen. This is kind of like Germany's version of Spam. I had a little but settled for the soft pretzels they serve with dinner and sweet spicy mustard. Upon meeting back up with the guys, I was soon to realize that the pretzel was a good choice. I did not take a picture; perhaps I am trying to forget.


The Hofbrauhaus is a famous beer restaurant where patrons store their own mugs for use there. It is a long waiting list to get a spot for your mug but anyone can eat there.


Streins under lock and key.

A tower of macarons.





No comments:

Post a Comment